Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Today is Halloween and we are only open until 4:00 pm so trick or treating is sort of iffy. Josh and I wore costumes, but Maggie and Cheryl did not. I bought candy for the patrons and hope that some of my favorites come in today. Vince was already in this morning and he got some M&Ms. He wondered why I had on Fairy Wings. He didn't realize it was Halloween. I wonder how many folks don't realize that fact?
Kathy shared a book with me yesterday about evolution. The author claims that we are in an evolutionary phase of life where we should be looking outward. Gone are the days of needing cars, money and things. We should now have evolved to the point where looking out for others in our main concern. I believe Obama could help us in that evolutionary endeavor. I'm crossing my fingers until Tuesday. We have to have a change. Many of us have threatened to go to Canada or France if this election doesn't go "forward" for us. Although I have endured several bouts of anger from patrons who have noticed my bumper sticker, I will not be deterred.

No comments: